LLPOA Board Decisions Regarding Covid-19
Your board met via ZOOM to develop a plan for the impact of the Covid -19 virus on our 2020 activities.
Following are the Board decisions:
- LLPOA Sponsored Garage Sale – Cancelled for 2020.
- Can pick up for May – Cancelled [Plan for now is to do a consolidated pick up on June 13th. This is normally the date we collect donations for food banks. That is cancelled.]
- Kids Fishing Derby – Rescheduled for the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, Sept 5th. [Note this is not a DNR “Free Fishing Day” so adult license is required if adults fish.
- Spring General Membership Meeting – Rescheduled for June 20 at the normal location at 7722 N. Arnold Rd. Our Raffle for 2020 will be on June 20 regardless of whether there is a General Membership meeting that day. If you want raffle tickets make sure you include them with your membership payment. The Loon’s Call will have the tickets and payment form as usual. It will be mailed to your home of record.
- Sailboat Race – Will occur as planned since personal distancing is not an issue.
- Lighted Pontoon Parade – Will occur as planned. Your board wants every participant to consider Covid -19 personal distancing with whoever is invited on your pontoon.
- Fireworks – Will occur as planned. The company doing the show has ordered all the shells and we have paid 50% of the contract so we have no option but to have the show. The only reason this would be cancelled is by state edict.
- Pancake Breakfast – Cancelled for 2020.
- 5.5K Run/Walk – Cancelled for 2020.
IMPORTANT – WEED CONTROL PURCHASE PROCESS CHANGE
Since our May General Membership meeting is rescheduled for June Aquatic Weed Control has implemented a mail-in order form to purchase your weed control and get your yellow flags. (This is the process they are doing for all lakes they serve.) Application will be June 15-19 this year.
The attached Aquatic Weed Control Lake Sign up Sheet has all the instructions.